"Look like a girl. Act like a lady. Think like a man. Work like a boss." ~Anonymous

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Putting Up With the Rain

Author's Note: I honestly have no idea how for our new topic my group decided to come up with rainbows.  In this piece I didn't write about rainbows, it the literal sense, but instead took the first thing that popped into my head about rainbows and then I just wrote-it may be random, but this is what I came up with.

One of my favorite quotes of all time would be, “If you want the rainbow, you have to put up with the rain.” This simple statement really defines all things, rain defines gloom and depression while rainbows instead symbolize cheerfulness and beauty. Anything that you want in life, no matter how little or big it may be, it will require effort and work. It will be worth it in the end, when you taste that sweet sensation of victory on your tongue, or just knowing that all that work had finally paid off. You had done it. With some dreams, they are more difficult than others, while some industries push you towards success others try to tear you down, testing your boundaries with every strike. One of the most inspiring people in Wisconsin, Vince Lombardi, once said, “It’s not how many times you get knocked down, but instead how many times get back up.” Every obstacle you face and everything hurdle you’ve had to jump, it’s making you stronger. I have learned this from personal experience. When something wouldn’t go right or someone would hurt me, I would break down immediately, in a big emotional mess. Now, it’s like I’ve realized that it really doesn’t matter, you know? Someone says something to me or hurts me I’m just like, “Whatever. I know I am better than this, you don’t me and you have no right to act like you do.” That’s why some say getting bullied was a blessing, it gave them skin thick as lead and I bet the bully couldn’t handle a single person standing up to them. My favorite song to vent out to is Kelly Clarkson’s “Stronger” because she is absolutely right, what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger and that’s something we will all eventually come to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment