"Look like a girl. Act like a lady. Think like a man. Work like a boss." ~Anonymous

Monday, May 14, 2012

Lost Hope

Author's Note: My group is kind of going through a "dark" phase as I'm now referring to it as.  We did hatred and now murder, so at least it gave me a chance to be more creative.  I worked a lot on word choice and really stressing the emotions the unknown character is experiencing. 

I watched as he stalked toward me, the dark shadow loomed over my broken body as I attempted to get my breathing back on track. All my life had been spent running from away from a mistaken identity that was a mystery even to myself. And now it was all over. He had won. Staring up at the figure my our eyes locked, his were cold and black that danced amusingly, a small grin playing on his face as he looked down on me sprawled out on the ground. I stared back with pale innocent green eyes, the edges rigid with pain Opening my mouth, I tried to speak, but no words would come out. The flames were getting closer now, parts of the building were collapsing around me, licking eagerly as they started up my still figure My eyes remained open, as I mouthed “Why?” up to the hunter giving him one last chance to explain himself. It was the last he could do. He grinned mischievously and I never heard the answer because that’s when the knife plunged into my heart, taking with it any last string of hope that I had yet to let go of.

No comments:

Post a Comment