"Look like a girl. Act like a lady. Think like a man. Work like a boss." ~Anonymous

Friday, December 9, 2011

What the Future Holds

Authors Note: Everyone's future holds something different, and people are always encourage others to "do what they love," though this is not all always the case. I will always strive for getting to the point where I'm ready to do what I was meant to and this is a little bit about what that is.

What do I want to be when I grow up? I want to be the kind of girl who can stay home all day, choose her hours, and go to “work” in her PJ's. The one who has a chance to be creative, and who immediately pulls out a pack out post-its when inspiration strikes. Even knowing that I’ll be let down, and most of the time everything will lead to nowhere. Yes, when I grow up I want to be an author.

Ever since I was a little kid, I’d write short stories, stapled together the pages complete with stick figure people, and would feel a huge surge of pride. Sometimes I gave them to friends or family, or just buried them deep in my closet. One of the biggest memories I had as a child was heaving out my book of “My First Thousand Words” and going through the colorful pictures and the long list of words for each busy scene. Even now, I remember clenching the pen tightly in my hand, and ripping out each individual piece of paper copying every word. Exactly one thousand words, I wrote list after list after list. When I was finishing I drew a duck on the cover page (representing the little duck that was shown hidden of every page) and called it “Cassie’s Book of Duck.” I carried it everywhere, so proud of what I’ve done, and I have it to this time, a constant reminder of my dreams way back then, though I hadn’t realized it at the time.

Though I will not be getting books of long lists published, I am defiantly a creative realistic fiction and fantasy type of girl. I imagine dedicated my long list of books to each of the people that have made such an impact of my life. Maybe I’d keep it a secret, and watch as they opened my very own accomplishment all for them at Christmastime. Who knows? Maybe I will end up with movies based on my work, having everyone admire me, tell me I’m their role model for once.

No comments:

Post a Comment