"Look like a girl. Act like a lady. Think like a man. Work like a boss." ~Anonymous

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

My Escape

Authors Note: I wrote this because everyone needs a place where they can truly be happy, be with people they love, and just escape all the drama. This piece is about my escape.

Every summer, my family comes together to a month long party for no reason. Just for the sake of getting together, and spending quality time with my family, with some people who I only see once a year. There’s shopping, tubing, boating, lots of games, great food, and it never stops. This is why I count down every summer, don’t get me wrong, I love my friends, but these memories are what I cherish most.

Ice cream shops that are absolutely to die for, fairs, fireworks, looking at the stars out above the lake, will someone pinch me already? I don’t just have one word to describe what I’m feeling, because when I’m up there its just a escape from all the drama of school. Its like I don’t have a care in the world, but quite frankly, I don’t. Priceless, is what it is, to be overcome with such happiness, with no price, just surrounded with ones you love. This is what I live for, the memories I will always keep in my heart, passing down the stories of the times of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment